GIFT AN ESSIE COMPETITION
Terms and Conditions: Gift an essie to your Bestie, Win a 5 star weekend break for 2 people in London
By entering the promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the promotion, including all information on how to enter the promotion, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Promotion Name and Description: Gift an essie to your Bestie, Win a 5 star weekend break for 2 people in London
Promoter: essie a trading division of L’Oréal UK Limited, 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ.
Entry Open Date: 00:00/ 31/07/21 GMT
Entry Closing Date: 23:59/ 29/08/21 GMT
- UK residents aged 18+ only.
- Entrants must have internet access and an Instagram account to participate.
- Instagram entrants’ account privacy settings must be set to public in order for Promoter to retrieve their selfie/photo from their page.
- Take a photo/selfie of the moment you gift an essie nail vanish sample to your friend
- Enter via Instagram, as follows:
- On Instagram - (1) follow @essie Instagram handle; and (2) upload your photo/selfie onto your page tagging it with the @essie Instagram handle and hashtag #giftanessie.
- By uploading a photo/selfie to your page in accordance with the above entrance criteria, entrants agree to be automatically entered into the prize draw and abide by these Terms and Conditions.
- All valid entries will then be entered into 1 x prize draw.
PRIZE = 1 x 5 star Weekend break for 2 to London
- A weekend break for winner + 1 companion to London.
- The prize includes:
- £75 per person travel allowance
- 1 nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation at the 5 star Central London Hotel for 2 adults
- 50-minute facial or massage treatment at a leading London spa
- £100 department store gift voucher of the winner’s choice
- Rooftop cocktails of up to a maximum value of £30 per person
- 3 course dinner and drinks at an acclaimed restaurant of up to £60 per person.
- The winner will be contacted via a direct message on their Instagram account within a week of the competition closing (between 30.08.21 – 05.09.21). All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. However, if a winner has not responded to our correspondence within 7 days of the initial contact then an alternative winner may be selected.
- A valid credit or debit card will be required for security deposit purposes when checking into hotel accommodation. Hotel accommodation is based on two adults sharing one double or twin room. Hotel will be selected by prize provider at their sole discretion.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. All prize elements are subject to availability.
- Prize cannot be taken from 21st December – 2nd January (Christmas and New Year), over UK bank holidays or over Easter Sunday. Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning, and travel must be booked and completed within that time frame. Winners must contact prize provider with three preferred travel dates no later than six weeks prior to departure.
- All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time. Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended.
- At least one traveller must be aged 18 or over. If any travellers are aged under 18, they must have parent or guardian permission prior to travel.
- Prize and dates are subject to availability, which will be confirmed at the point of booking. Promoter reserves the right to propose alternative dates or hotel in case of unavailability.
- Prize includes VAT, however, any additional charges incurred during the stay must be settled with the hotel directly before departure.
- Prize excludes spending money, additional meals, additional drinks, gratuities, excursions and incidental expenses incurred whilst on holiday other than those stated as included.
Number of Major Prize Winner(s): 1
Runner-up Prize(s): Not Applicable
Number of Runner-up Prize Winner(s): Not Applicable
Winner Selection Period: The winner will be contacted within a week of promotion closing (by 5th September) on the Instagram account that they entered from.
Winner Selection Procedure: 1 winner will be selected by random during the Winner Selection Period by an independently audited and verified prize draw selection process from all valid entries from the participating period.
Notification of Winner: Winner will be notified by direct private message via the Instagram profile which they entered, by 05.09.21.
General Terms and ConditionsEntry and eligibility
1.Entries must be received between the Entry Open Date and the Entry Closing Date.
2.The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3.Promoter’s employees, their immediate family or any third party directly associated with the promotion are not eligible to enter.
4.Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be valid. Proof of complying with the How to Enter Requirements will not be accepted as proof of receipt or entry. Promoter is not responsible for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to technical or connectivity or other problems.
5.Only one entry per person. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be valid. Multiple entries made by the same person from various email, social media or other accounts or from the same IP address will not be valid.
6.Any entries which do not comply with the How to Enter Requirements, or which contain any third party intellectual property without prior informed consent from the rights holder, or which contain any abusive, inappropriate, offensive or obscene language or imagery will be disqualified. Examples of language/images considered to be inappropriate, offensive or obscene, include (but are not limited to): any message/image which contains (a) swearing; (b) comments or actions which appear to be discriminatory of any person, company or group of individuals, for example comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature; (c) sexual innuendo, sexual language or sexual acts, actions or gestures; (d) promoting any illegal unlawful activity such as drug use; (e) any message that appears to be an advertisement or solicitation to buy; and (f) any materials (whether written or visual) that directly or indirectly relate to Promoter’s competitor brands or that show any intention of promoting any brand other than Promoter brand.
Prize fulfilment and disqualification
7.Prizes are as stated, they are not transferable and there are no alternative prizes or cash substitutes. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the selected prize is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
8.A winner forfeits their prize and Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with the Judging Procedure if:
(a)within 3 weeks of being notified by Promoter, a winner does not respond or does not provide their full name and relevant details (if applicable, details for the prize to be dispatched to in the eligible country of residence); or
(b)if a prize is rejected or returned undeliverable; or
(c)if an entry is invalid or an entrant is disqualified or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
9.Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or winner that, in its absolute discretion, could bring Promoter into disrepute.
10.Promoter shall disqualify any entries that have failed to abide by and/or are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
11.The name of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope, within 4 weeks of the Judging Date to the Promoter at 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ, referencing the Promotion Name.
Promotional Activity relating to the competition
12.In entering the competition, all entrants and winners agree to participate in any promotional activity relating to the competition, which may include entry content, voice, image and name for publicity purposes (in any media, print or online, including any websites, social media sites or third party retailer websites) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material (whether or not related to the competition) free of charge without additional compensation or prior notice. Promoter may modify any entry content to fit in context with the relevant usage, whilst maintaining its original sentiment.
13.All personal details and/or information given in the application either in the entry process or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants if they have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
Use of Entry Content
15.Promoter shall own all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the entries and any other materials (whether visual, oral or written) generated during the various stages of this promotion, in perpetuity and on a worldwide basis for use at Promoter's sole discretion including, without limitation, use in advertising, other media, press releases, editorial and promotional activity, point of sale material, Promoter's websites, third party websites (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube), newsletters and e-newsletters.
16.Accordingly entrants assign to Promoter any copyright and other intellectual property rights which exist in their participation in this competition and irrevocably waive any moral rights that could vest in them (which shall include their name, location and age) under the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 or otherwise, and undertake to do all things necessary immediately on Promoter’s request to effect or confirm any assignment in this paragraph.
Limitation of Liability
17.Neither Promoter nor agencies nor suppliers involved in this promotion may be liable to the winners, whether arising from tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise or for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered whatsoever as a result of or relating to participation in this competition or the prizes to the extent permissible by law. No compensation for loss of earnings will be paid by Promoter for participation in any aspect of this competition.
Social Media Platform Specific Terms
18.Entrants must have internet access and either (a) a public Facebook account, (b) a public Twitter account, (c) a public TikTok account or (d) a public Instagram account to be eligible.
20.This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, TikTok or Instagram. You are providing your information to Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter, TikTok or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used as stated in these Terms and Conditions. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have released Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram from any and all liability arising from their participation in the competition or out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the competition.
21.Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22.Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to amend or waive any of these Terms and Conditions, or suspend or cancel the competition at any stage, in the event of circumstances that are unforeseen or beyond its reasonable control (including suspected or actual fraudulent or misleading practices or other breaches of these Terms and Conditions).
23.English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this promotion.