terms and conditions for competitions
Terms and Conditions for Essie Colour Portraits Facebook, Twitter & Instagram Prize Draw
- The prize draw is open to all UK and ROI residents aged 18 and over, with the exception of the Promoter’s employees, their immediate families or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- No purchase necessary. Entry to the prize draw is free.
- Only one entry per person per household. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Multiple entries made by the same person from various email or other accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or from the same IP address will not be accepted.
- Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to technical or other problems.
- To enter, entrants must enter using Facebook, Twitter or Instagram:
(a) On Facebook, click “LIKE” on the Essie UK Facebook page at www.facebook.com/EssieUK, and upload a colour picture of their best nail selfies to their profile, tagging @essieuk and using the hashtag #essiexrankin.
(b) On Twitter, follow the Essie UK Twitter @essieuk, and tweet a colour picture of their best nail selfies to their profile, tagging @essieuk and using the hashtag #essiexrankin.
(c) On Instagram, follow the Essie UK Instagram account @essieuk, and upload a colour picture of their best nail selfies to their profile, tagging @essieuk and using the hashtag #essiexrankin
- Entries which are not tagged as described in point 5 above or which do not comply with the entry requirements set out in these T&Cs, will be disqualified. Entrants cannot submit a picture on behalf of someone else. The person in the picture submitted must be the entrant themselves otherwise the entry will be disqualified.
- Twitter and Instagram users’ account privacy settings must be set to public in order for the promoter to retrieve the photo.
- All entrants must have internet access and have a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account to be eligible for the prize draw. Entries will not be returned and are the property of the Promoter.
- Any entries containing any third party intellectual property without prior informed consent from the rights holder, or abusive, inappropriate, offensive or obscene language or imagery will be disqualified. Examples of language/images considered to be inappropriate, offensive or obscene, include (but are not limited to): any message/image which contains (a) swearing; (b) comments or actions which appear to be discriminatory of any person, company or group of individuals, for example comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature; (c) sexual innuendo, sexual language or sexual acts, actions or gestures; (d) promoting any illegal unlawful activity such as drug use; (e) any message/image that appears to be an advertisement or solicitation to buy; and (f) any materials (whether written or visual) that directly or indirectly relate to Essie competitor brands or that show any intention of promoting any brand other than Essie.
10. The winning entries may be reposted on the Essie UK Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages.
11. Entries must be received between 25th March 2016 at 10:00 and 28th of April 2016 at 23:59 GMT. The prize draw will take place on 29th of April 2016.
12. Ten completed entries shall be drawn at random.
13. The winners of the prize will each receive the following:
- An invitation and time slot at the Essie Colour Portrait Photo Shoot with Rankin in a secret Covent Garden location on Thursday 17th May and access to a digital copy of the Essie Colour Portrait Annual.
- The 10 winners will be reimbursed for all reasonable travel, accommodation and lunch expenses incurred in attending the shoot.
- Winners are invited to bring one friend to the Colour Portrait Photo Shoot but this friend will not receive a time slot to be photographed by Rankin.
- The invitation includes 3 X 15 minute slots for hair, make-up and manicures. No clothes will be provided at the shoot- winners are invited to attend wearing or with an outfit that they feel great in.
- Winners attending the event should come with either bare nails or simple nail polish. The winners must not be wearing gel, shellac manicures and acrylic nails as these cannot be removed or painted over by the manicurists. Due to time restrictions, Essie reserves the right to turn away attendees who do not abide with this condition.
- Snacks and a variety of refreshments will be available throughout the day.
- Winners attending the event should make every effort to arrive punctually. Essie reserves the right to turn away attendees who arrive late.
14. The winners will be notified on 18th April. If the winner is a Facebook account user entrant, they will be notified by direct private message via their Facebook Account. If the winner is a Twitter account user entrant, they will be notified by direct private message via their Twitter Account, and if the winner is an Instagram account user entrant, they will be notified by direct message via their Instagram account. If the winner does not respond via the above routes on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram after 7 days of the Promoter’s initial contact being made, the Promoter reserves the right to draw an alternative winner.
15. The prize is as stated, it is not transferable and there are no alternative prizes or cash substitutes. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of like value in the event that the selected prize is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The winners agree to participate in publicity accompanying or resulting from the prize draw. No additional compensation will be awarded for such promotional activities. No compensation for loss of earnings will be paid by the Promoter for participation in any aspect of this prize draw.
18. If a prize is declined, a winner is disqualified, or if a winner forfeits the prize under these terms and conditions, then the Promoter may at its absolute discretion draw an alternative winner at random.
19. The names of the winners will be available by sending a S.A.E. to L’Oréal (U.K.) Ltd, 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ within 4 weeks of the draw date.
20. Neither the Promoter nor agencies involved in this promotion may be liable to the winner whether arising from tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise or for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by matters relating to participation in this prize draw, or in relation to the prizes to the extent permissible by law.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to add to or vary these terms and conditions or cancel the prize draw at any stage in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
22. The Promoter shall own all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the entries and any other materials (whether visual, oral or written) generated during the various stages of this promotion, in perpetuity and on a worldwide basis for use at the Promoter's sole discretion including, without limitation, use in advertising, other media, press releases, editorial and promotional activity, point of sale material, the Promoter's websites, third party websites (including MySpace, Facebook and Youtube), newsletters and e-newsletters.
23. Accordingly entrants assign to the Promoter any copyright and other intellectual property rights which exist in their participation in the Colour Portraits prize-draw, and irrevocably waive any moral rights that could vest in them (which shall include their name, city and age) under the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 or otherwise, and undertake to do all things necessary immediately on the Promoter’s request to effect or confirm any assignment in this paragraph.
24. Entrants' submissions, future submissions and quotes generated during any stage of the promotion may be modified by the Promoter to fit in context with the content of the relevant usage, whilst maintaining the original sentiment.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to not feature all winning entries due to space, time or editorial reasons.
26. All personal details and/or information given in the entry form or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants if they have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, or if it materialises that the entrant has been involved in any behaviour which the Promoter reasonably believes would bring it into disrepute.
28. English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this promotion.
29. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used as stated in these terms and conditions. By entering the prize draw, entrants will be deemed to have released Facebook, Twitter or Instagram from any and all liability arising from their participation in the prize draw or out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the prize draw.
Promoter: Essie a trading division of L’Oréal (U.K.) Limited, 255 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8AZ.